Velocity 2 provides advanced control of induction, linear & servo motors for high-end automation equipment.
The unit incorporates its own position controller allowing it to operate stand-alone or as part of a larger networked system. Velocity 2 offers unique features and performance in a very compact package. Engineered to deliver power and performance to high-end automation machinery, the highly flexible Velocity 2 offers capacities from 0.75kW to 110kW in a variety of sizes ranging from 4U, to flightcased drives, including custom cabinets and multiple drive systems.
In most applications Velocity 2 offers a complete solution without the need for external ‘regen’ units or ‘braking resistors’. Instead, internal brake resistors and temperature controlled forced air cooling for quiet operation at 100% duty cycle are included. All drive and interface parameters may be accessed through the incorporated color touchscreen display, which provides detailed diagnostic information and performance feedback. The Velocity 2 drive also includes manual controls for quick and intuitive local control when required.
- SIL3 safety technology is available as a factory fitted option, offering functionality
- Configurable for open and closed loop operation of ac induction, linear and servo motors
- Integral position controller creates a self-contained motion control system
- Multiple control options from manual controls and pendants to a fully featured computer interface
- Compact design without sacrificing high power output options
- Rugged case design for physically demanding touring environment’s
- Compatible with K2 and Vector software
- Interfaces with multiple types of incremental and absolute encoders, load monitoring and other sensors
- Chain Hoist Controllers